14/04/2010

Today was a sort of planned day of, had a call yesterday informing me that I won't be required to drive for the weekly booking so I thought have a day at home. The phone goes off and I'm asked if I fancy a days work, oh go on then why not. Few deliveries for a packaging company, one almost on my doorstep another in Sunbury and the remainder almost on the coast. Had to wait for the unit to arrive and then off we go. First drop done and driving up to a T junction a Warburtons wagon comes up and would you believe it one of the drivers whose route that I used to do slowly drives past. A quick wave of the old hand and time to turn left onto the main road. Down to the coast and for a change no serious hold ups.

Done and dusted, time for a break at services. This has got to be a serious rip off, £1.65 for a cup of coffee from Costa, could almost buy a bag of coffee for that. On the motorway going home and would you believe it, walking on the hard shoulder bold as brass a pheasant looking for food I assume. This bird wasn't bothered about the noise and the cars going past. This would have been good if I'd managed to get hold of it. Hang it for a few days and then a feast fit for a King.

Still can't understand why people overtake a lorry and then slow down almost to a crawl, this woman today made my life a misery for few miles.

Had an Iveco Stralis 450 today and to be frank its not that bad. Drove one of them once before and wasn't impressed but today it seemed to do all the right things. It was very quick of the mark, good handling and pretty comfortable with a good dash layout. The only weird thing is the steering wheel adjustment, it's a knob on the floor right by the steering column.

No comments: