23/04/2010

Simples job today (or so I thought), just pop down to Downton to collect 13 pallets of magazines. No probs, nice and sunny day I don't mind driving down to Wiltshire and back. It seemed like an easy Friday. Got back at around 11:30 and parked up. Have a seat in the canteen we might have something for you local. Hour goes by and nothing, so I thought that would be it. How wrong can you be, 2 more drops in Slough and Reading and on a Friday afternoon to boot. Oh well in for a penny in for a pound. New lorry and trailer and off I go. Slough can be daunting at the best of times but today it just seemed to get worse, every man and his dog seemed to be out there.

Reading was just as bad, the constant roadwork’s are a pain and the road that I was supposed to turn has a width restriction. Oh well lets drive round the estate and see if there is another way in that they haven't told me about.

Guess what there is another entry, the warehouse man seemed to be enjoying himself bossing people about. You've got to park there in between the lines and have your hiviz vest on, etc etc. Let’s unload and get the heck out of there as I want to go home. Amazingly the M4 was OK, wish I could say the same for the M25, then again it was Friday afternoon.

No comments: