22/04/2010

Multi drops in an artic, well sort of. Had 5 drops and a collection. Got to the first one and oh brother, the gate and the yard were tight. Parked up and started to tip and this van parks up next to the trailer so I inform the driver politely that he might have to move the car if I can't spin the wagon round. The next thing I get is a torrent of verbal abuse, which kind of stumped me. Unload the stuff first and then take care of this prat. Decided to do it with a bit of decorum, complained to his manager and that was that. The other drops were easy except the hanging around for the paperwork at the end. Delivering to food service distribution companies and cash and carry’s is something else. Everything gets scrutinised and checked and rechecked.

The last drop was on a small Industrial Estate just off the A40, boy was it small and even smaller. Got in and then had a thought, 'how the hell am I going to get out'. A shunt or five and somehow I managed to pull the trailer round the other lorry without any mishaps. Then the collection and that was it. Turned up and no one seemed to know or understand what I was supposed to be collecting. After a lengthy pass the buck the stuff got sorted and loaded, that took almost 2 hours. Home to park up, uncouple, and hand in the paperwork and home.

No comments: