28/04/2010

On the M1 today, Going through the roadwork’s I was overtaken by another artic who's driver decided that me doing 50mph (posted limit) was to slow, he then smartly pulled in ahead of me and slowed down to guess what, 50mph. Another artic in the other lane decided that he needed to get somewhere in a hurry and got so close to a car in front that the poor driver accelerated a bit, so did the artic driver. Kind of bullying to make the car driver go faster. Didn’t get him very far though as the traffic ahead ground to a halt and we in the inside lane sailed past him. Prats like that give us a bad name and so much for improving the public awareness of good lorry drivers. I had to drive on the A47 and have been doing the correct limit, sorry for the tailback but I have this thing of not loosing my license. Also people please have a good look in the Highway Code, I'm sure it tells you that when joining the motorway you have to give way to oncoming traffic, the amount of times I had to brake sharply today to avoid a car who suddenly shot into the inside lane was unreal.

No comments: