26/09/2009

Car & Lorry

Here's a question that is open to debate, why do people think that a lorry will be able to turn in the same amount of space as a car or it can get through the same amount of space as a car. Yesterday and today whilst driving in my little 12T I've come across some diabolical scenes. In Sunningdale when returning towards the A30 at one stage the school run mums have parked on or very close to the zigzag lines without any consideration for space. This doesn't allow drivers like me to try and judge the road as it curves and see if there is enough room to get through.

I had to wait about 5 minutes before any break in traffic to move on and as soon as I'm fully out on the right side a car comes flying towards me and decides that it 'will' manage to squeeze through. At the last moment the driver realises that they can't and at this point neither can I and I can't go backwards as there are cars behind me. All I can do is stop.

The driver then proceeds to give me a dirty look even though they saw me and could have stopped at a point to allow me to proceed and then this hassle wouldn't have happened.

No comments: