29/09/2009

Oh well, just been de registered by an agency in my locality. Their excuse is that I didn't do the last job and I'm unreliable. It all points to the last phone call I had from them about 2 months ago and it went like this.

Me: Hallo

Agency: Can you do a job for us tomorrow.

Me: I'm in a restaurant at the moment sitting down to a meal, I'll call you back when I'm finished.

Agency: OK

Agency: via text - you've been booked for tomorrow at ABCD, start time is 0400, directions.

Agency: via text - please confirm for tomorrow

Me: Still in the restaurant and oblivious to the text.

Agency: via text - don't bother about tomorrow, you're canceled

Me: When at home - What the bloody hell, I didn't tell them that I'd do it.

Me: Next day - Can you explain about yesterdays text.

Agency: The case is closed you've let me down.

Me: But I didn't confirm anything yesterday, you were told I was in a restaurant.

At this point the conversation became a bit weird and the girl from the agency started to be a bit rude so I told her that the conversation ends as she cannot be civil. Haven't heard anything from them since then and the only reason she called me was that I replied to an add from their Southampton branch and the chap obviously called her. The person in charge seems to think that since I signed up with them I have given them an exclusive right to my services.

Bloody rude agency and to be honest I'd warn others against working for them.

Yet all the other agencies that I'm registered with are always calling and finding me work. In those cases I must be doing something right.

No comments: