10/08/2009

Agency Debate - Corr Recruitment

Had dealings with them a few months ago. Initially I contacted them as they were advertising a job. Had an almost immediate response and after a few minutes was enticed into a Class2 job.
The job was confirmed and I was all set for the next day. In the middle of the night I had a call informing me that my mum was taken into hospital, I legged it out of the house and drove to the hospital leaving a few thing s behind in my haste. Spent the whole night there making sure all was OK.
On my return I had 16 missed calls from Corr and when I returned the call the recruiter hung up on me, so I sent a text and an email explaining what happened. No replies to either of them. After a few weeks I contacted them again and still no reply. I then sent an email to the boss who surprise, surprise got back to me informing me that the recruited was very busy that day as it was Monday and they were doing payroll.
I would have thought that me calling to explain what happened and why I couldn't do the job would have been important, but I guess I was wrong.
The boss explained to me that he was willing to start afresh so I thought that was fair. I sent the recruiter a few texts and emails since then asking if there was anything 'cooking' but no reply.
So yesterday I sent the boss an email informing him that I would like to be deregistered as i have had no response from anyone. He informed me that the recruiter is on holiday in Poland and he has not received any texts/emails from me.
This is strange as I have return receipts for emails and the O2 site keeps all text messages sent. Absolutely CRAP agency to deal with.
I might be wrong but if you call an agency and they hang up on you and then don't bother to answer your calls/emails then that tells me how they would treat me if I was to work for them.

No comments: