12/08/2009

Just got back from an 'Interview' with an agency, unfortunately had to terminate this as they failed to inform me of a few major points.

  • I'd be self employed
  • I would have to form a Limited Company
The info pack had all sorts of forms and the guy was surprised that I had a full time job. This self employment would have been a pain as I'd have to keep all receipts and find an accountant to do my Annual Self assessment/Tax Returns and they (Bigfoot) would charge me £10 per week to pay me like that.

He seemed to be informed that all drivers are paid like that as it's easier for them. Apparently they are so busy in Southampton that they are expanding here and have possible contracts coming up with a few Blue Chip places. This I've heard before. Also mentioned were trips to Europe, etc.

This self employment lark is not as easy and simple as I've had my own business before and have experienced the hassles involved in being your own boss.

To think I turned down 8 hours of work to go to Basingstoke and come straight back again.

No comments: