27/06/2011

Oh man, one small hole and the whole of London comes to a standstill. All-right not a small hole exactly but a burst water pipe. Almost outside Baker street Tube Station, after crawling for 3.5 hours on the A40 I finally got to the problem and when I saw that only 2 lanes were closed I thought that all this will be over shortly. How wrong can you get, the 2 bods did let all the buses through but when poor old me approached the traffic lights they plonked down their cones and directed me left. Just follow the redirected signs and when you get to the 2nd road on the right turn in there and you'll come out by the Planetarium. Fair do but when I approached the said road I notice a slightly large tree with branches just a bit lower than my 14ft 7in trailer, so off we go straight on, following the other redirected signs. Jolly trip around Regents Park and rejoin the A501 just outside Great Portland street Tube Station. Would you believe it the Euston Tunnel was clear and in a few minutes I arrived in Farmington Road. 'You're a bit late mate', well what do you expect with that great blooming hole in the road. Not bad I thought, must be some sort of a record, left Heathrow at 09:30 and arrived at 13:20. Decided to see if a snapshot of this mess could be taken and hoping for a red light, but this is all I could manage.

No comments: