25/06/2011

Friday morning seemed to get off to a good start, when I arrived to collect my load there was only enough for a single deck. Brill I thought, this looks like a promising day, then things went astray. On the Marleborne Road a street sweeper broke down, tailbacks to just before Paddington ramp. as I was creeping down the Edgware Rd flyover I saw in the distance the flashing lights of the recovery lorry. Great stuff, now things will speed up a bit, arrived in Farringdon Rd depot and offloaded. Then back to the yard for a break, the second trip was even better, got there without much ado but the trip back was another matter. A40 solid, M25 even worse, took me 2.5hrs to get from Farringdon Road to Hanger Lane, very short on driving time so had to do a detour to one of our depots for a break. Back in the yard for 8pm, all in all a very interesting if not usual Friday.

No comments: