19/03/2011

Coming back from Bognor Regis very late on Thursday I was sort of looking forward to getting to the A3 as it ment that in an hour or so I'd be back in the yard and on my way home to bed. All of a sudden without any warning the dreaded cones appear, and about 1 mile before the junction that I need. No choice but to exit the now closed A27 and with luck get back on as I was hoping that it was just the bridge that was worked on. Guess again, all the ramps closed, no diversion signs, so how the hell do I get to the A3. Stumble to the next roundabout and thank god a sign, driving through a residential area I wondered how many people would be less than impressed about lorries coming through there when they are trying to sleep. Would have been nice if the Highways mob put up some sort of signs further down to warn us, why bother.

No comments: