13/07/2010

This week I'm on the frozen stuff, delivering to other RDC's the company's wares. Today I thought it might be fairly easy day, the hardest part was staying awake. On the a3 going to Petersfield I had serious trouble staying awake, had to stop once to get myself sorted. Got to Petersfield and booked in, 'you're early, you're booked in for 11:00am'. This being 07:45, great I'll get some chance to recharge my batteries, onto a holding bay and off to bed. About an hour later some one is banging on the door, 'bay3 drive'. At least I had some sleep and feel much better. Unloaded and the next place is Portsmouth(ish). Chucking it down with rain all the way there. Arrived at the next drop P&H and got in the yard only to be met with a queue.

Had a look at the loading bays and whoever designed this obviously didn't have artics in mind. Both bays are at the end of the yard, the yard is about the width of a unit and trailer with cages, pallets etc along side of the fence. Oh this is going to be fun, any one got a crowbar, 8 shunts later I finally managed to get on the bay, self tip is what they told me. The trailer had a setting of -30c and me with just a polo top on, good job it was only 4 pallets.

No comments: