12/07/2010

Just have a seat mate, we're not sure what you're doing to be doing. There I sat for about half an hour, a unit and trailer is available so I'm off to Southend, then again maybe not and then another change of plans. Take this rigid and deliver 7 pallets of frozen to Banbury and then the remainder to Thatcham. They were loaded wrong so can you move them around when you get to Bandury, sure mate -30c in there and I'm going to shift pallets about. Weird way of doing things but I suppose booking times have to be adhered to. Got to Banbury and sat in a queue for about half an hour, on to the bay and get rid of the pallets, bloody cold in the freezer. Luckily the boys at the first drop didn't mind doing the reshuffle.
Got to Thatcham at 11:30, booked in, had a break, sat around and got a bit cheesed off, what time am I likely to be tipped, 'oh, you were booked in for 06:30, so now you have to wait'. Not bad as I started work at 06:00. Finally got tipped 3 hours later and off we go back to the yard, must be something in the air as there seems to have been loads of people who forgot their road sense and drove like a bunch of prats. lost count of how many times I was cut up today on the M4, never mind, back home safe and sound.

No comments: