12/06/2010

Off The Wall

 ******* I will not name this agency just yet ********

Had a supposedly long term contract for a local agency. Initially it was supposed to start on a Monday but we were told that they only want to see us on Monday to get the paperwork done. After sorting things out the start was confirmed as Wednesday, did the rest of the week and had a call on Friday to Confirm for the following week. The agency confirmed a 'minimum' of £10ph for the job, so when the payslip arrived showing only £9.50 I was a bit miffed, sent email to the agency asking what happened and informing them that as we had a verbal contract they also owe me for the 'booked' week. The usual excuses followed and I was informed that the shortfall would be in my account by this Friday (11 June). How surprising that it wasn't. An excuse of email was received stating that 'I have now spoken to our payroll department who confirm for whatever reason the payment was not made' apparently they had the money there and were going to get it to me.
Now as it is Saturday and I haven't got the cash I've decided to let the Trading Standards and the Dept of Work and Pensions sort this out. It is not a huge amount but the principle of it is, if you're promising a rate then pay it and try not to weasel out of it by making excuses.

****** Update ******

Got the underpayment and the very next day my P45 came through the post, no other calls so I guess I won't be driving for them again. Would have been very simple to sort this out from the start and we all would have been very happy.

No comments: