05/05/2010

Ok, what gives here, has somebody forgotten something very important here or is it just plain stupidity. Driving to my second drop in Blacknest I turned of at the Bentley ramp and went down an average size B road. Trundling my artic round a tight bend I came to a grinding halt. Low and behold a bridge appeared out of nowhere and a bloody low one to boot. This thing was 11ft 3in high and me with a 15ft 3in high unit and trailer. Something’s wrong here my head screamed, nowhere had this bridge been marked, neither on the road, map nor on my satnav. I do have all the truck heights, weights, etc on it and the wagon height and weight was set before I set of this morning. Oh well nothing to do but to go back so some careful reversing down a small residential road with the locals watching intensely my manoeuvres.

Back to the A31 and called the office to see what options there were, they gave me a diversionary route to get to this place. Would you believe it 10 bloody miles. When I got to the drop and had a chat with the people there they told me that this happens a lot and other drivers had the same problem. Would you believe it there is a very simples way to get there, now that I know where they are. Very simple way, through the Farnham bypass and up the A325, Simples when you know how.

No comments: