30/05/2010


Oh yes, at last I've had the dubious pleasure of pulling a 16ft 2in trailer. Yesterday had a job to go to Kings Cross Mail Centre, every man and his uncle was out on the roads. Haven't seen so many cars on the A40 for ages. First I had to get this monstrosity of the trailer through the Hanger Lane bridge, unfortunately I couldn't as it's way too big, so a small detour of over the bridge was needed. Once I got to the end of the overpass the traffic just stopped, all the tourists milling around by Baker Street and M. Tuessauds. When I got to my first drop and found out where I needed to back in I was duly informed that the wagon already on the bay would be taking all the mail. Great, wasted journey. Then down to Greenford Mail Centre, the long way round as the bridge just off the A40 is too small for me to get under.

Then back to PRDC and unload and then load up for Langley. Hard work loading a Double Decker with all those yorks. Back to the yard, unload and drop trailer. To be honest the 16ft 2in Double Decker is not as bad as I thought, as long as the wheels are the normal size it's OK. Have to take things careful like at roundabouts and corners obviously, but overall not bad

No comments: