24/05/2010

How to piss of a driver and screw up his work. Had a so-called long term contract which started last week. It sort of started on Monday but then they decide that they want to see us first and see what we look like before working. Turned up on the first day, no one knew we were coming, then we had to drive to Addlestone to have photos taken for Id's. First days pay 2 hours, nothing on Tuesday as the start date was put back till Wednesday. Started on Wednesday and had issues with the lorry, namely tyres. Fitter got called out and when he spoke to me over the phone he was let’s say less than polite. When I arrived back at the site from a different job in a 7.5T the fitter started to spew out a torrent of abuse at me.

Don't need this at that time in the morning, after taking this crap for a few minutes I turned around and said 'don't speak to me like that, I’m off home', Walked away and got my phone to call the agency when the girl in charge comes running over and asks me 'not to go home'. To be honest I wasn't going to but felt so pissed of that I had to say something. Worked there all week and was told to come back today, get a call last night telling me not to come in on Monday. This morning was told that it's cancelled.

What do these people think they are, if that woman expects me to stand there and take verbal abuse from a fitter and do nothing. One minute they are all smiles and praise and then a stab in the back. Well pissed of as I’ve turned down assignments for this week. She lost the initial contract due to some problems with drivers and now I see why.

Lets see how things go from here, old lorries, couldn’t find a trailer, no fuel cards, etc, etc.

No comments: