16/04/2010

A jaunt to Eastbourne this morning, just to deliver 2 pallets of books and would you believe it some of the books I collected yesterday. Lovely countryside in East & West Sussex and something else sprang to my eye. Driving along the A27 I noticed that almost every lay-by had a Snack Wagon in it, 'all those bacon sarnies and so little time'.

Then back up almost the same road to Mitcham to drop of the remainder of the load and then back to the yard. I would have made it back within the driving/working timeframe except of the typical traffic, so pulled up in a side road to have a break and guess who comes driving along and conveniently blocks the junction. The VOSA man, there were 2 other cars just ahead of him so I assume that there must have been a fender bender and he was just checking they passed on the details.

Then on to the dreaded M25 and home, being on this road everything is possible and it almost happened. Trying to pass this Dutch artic who couldn't make up his mind whether to go slow or not, I was just in the middle of his trailer when he decides to slap on his indicator and start to move out. What the, quick blast on the horn and a 'wave' of my hand woke him up. Then things got really slow till J12, a car transporter and another lorry had a meeting and the transporter was being towed with his load down the ramp to the M3.

In the yard and on my way home by 14:00, not bad for Friday.

No comments: