10/03/2010

Would you believe it, 2 jobs in one day and both on a 7.5T wagons.

First one was for a Events company, took a load of glasses and stuff to Battersea Power Station for some posh do, it was all supposed to be loaded at 8am but as usual it wasn't so I had to help out and load up. Told the man in charge that I had to be back there at midday to collect my car as I had to be elsewhere for 1pm. Left Battersea at 12:30, and believe me I’ll never get into a car driven by a Frenchman again, his driving was terrible, felt sick all the way from his constant jumping. Glad to get out of the car and get into mine.

The second job was to deliver/collect laundry from hotels in London, bloody heavy work lugging all that linen about. Wouldn't have minded it but the clutch on this wagon kept playing up and it was damn hard trying to change gears. The best thing was that the drivers mate left me and went home after the last drop. In the middle of East London, find your way back he says. Just go down this road, turn left and you’re on Streatham high street. Didn’t mention anything about closed roads and diversions. Well pissed off when I got back, told the agency all about this and pulled out of this job, will do it tonight so as not to drop them in it but that's it for this client.

No comments: