08/03/2010

Went for an interview for a temp with a possibility of a perm job. Had a chat with one of the management and then the other chap that I was originally supposed to see came in and the usual thing commenced. What did you do and where/when, after explaining my experience and telling them how I do things and what I wouldn't do if I found a problem I got a feeling that they were trying to put me off the job. Their attitude and behaviour just seemed strange and kind of cold and calculated, no enthusiazm in getting me to feel comfortable. Things like ' the lorry costs over £200.000, it is pressurised and it might go Bang' were mentioned, scare tactics?. Just couldn't read their faces and get a 'warm and fuzzy' feeling. The job is OK, not something that I'd shy away from and after the training (which they are offering) it would be OK to do on my own. Walked away from the interview with a feeling that all is not as it's supposed to be and not sure if I'll even get the chance to try this job.

No comments: