13/02/2010

Better Late then Never

While back I posted about 7.5T restrictions and how one agency insisted that I deliver to clients and break the restrictions. I returned to the client after doing a few drops outside the restricted area and that was that. Didn't expect to get any more work from them and I was right, what I expected was to be paid for the hours that I did work. Initially they refused to pay but after much wrangling and debating I received my payslip yesterday, bear in mind that this job was in November '09. The excitement was too much to bear so I eagerly opened the payslip and hey presto, 9.25 hours @£5.80 per hour. So much for their vaunted 'we pay our drivers a realistic wage' policy. I feel that I should send it back as I'm not sure they can afford it in this economic climate . This has to be the lowest wage for a Class2 job ever.

No comments: