12/01/2010

Today I thought might be a better day but I suppose I shouldn't have held my hopes up. My boss had a word with me as to why I came back yesterday with half the load. Told him that I have other things that require my attention after work and i can't do overtime every single day, what he requires is a daily 12-14 hour day and no outside interests. He then stated that he didn't tell me that I had to work those hours but 'I expect all drivers to complete all the deliveries for that day and drive for your maximum allowed hours'. This sounds like a prelude to a 15 hours day, he also asked me if I'm stating that I can't work past 5pm. Didn't reply to that. This is another 'just do it and don't argue' syndrome, having been there a mere 2 weeks I've realised that the goods matter, staff don't.

I for one do have interests outside work and will not allow people who just live for the job to dictate to me and no matter how much I need the job I do have a say. The contract (when it arrives) states as did the interview that 40 hours per week are the standard norm. Overtime is not and cannot be forced on the employee, anyone who tries is breaking the Law. It really gets my sh## when management try to force overtime and don't give a damn about the employees.


On a different side the photo is of the West Sussex countryside under the white stuff.

No comments: