11/01/2010

Oh yes, things can get worse



Just when I was beginning to get that comfortable sense things started to go ballistic yet again. This morning when doing the vehicle checks I found the 'O' license had expired in September 2009. That was it I'm not driving this till I get a clarification from VOSA and they don't open till 07:30. Informed my manager and was told to wait in the canteen. Sat around and dozed till 10:00 when told that the 'O' License was OK, which was verified by VOSA and I had to go out on a run. 14 drops in the RH & TN postcode.

Got to the first one at around 11:40 and then had fun trying to get to others as the side roads were absolutely covered in hard packed snow. Number of times I had to park up and walk to see if I could actually get the lorry up the hill, most times the answer was a resounding NO. One customer insisted that I go through this sign and deliver to his front door. I don't think so. Somehow we managed to do about 7 drops and then it was time to come home. On the way back a call from the office came and a question 'why are you coming back' was asked.

I don't mind doing overtime now and then but when I'm expected to do it everyday it is a bit much as I do have other things to do apart from work. Back at the depot and home by 17:00, yet another 11-hour day and I'll almost guarantee that we're expected to do the same thing tomorrow.

No comments: