16/12/2009

OK, so lightning does strike twice in the same place. Today I did a 'small' job as I had a spare day. Turned up at Allport and sat in the waiting room for about 40 minutes. Then was given a job and told that the unit and trailer are on the bay. X Reg DAF with a splitter box, started to do my checks and found the Air pipe (red) when plugged in made a horrible hissing noise. It sounded like a snake got loose, obviously there is a problem here. Stopped everything and told a manager of the problem, 'can you go to our depot in Southall and get it fixed' he asked. Well why not, got there and the mechanic changed a washer and that was that, or so I thought. Got back and started to couple up and guess what, the ABS cable was totally smashed, the wires were pulled out of the socket. VOR the unit I thought reported that as well and the question came up straight away 'can you go to DAF and get another'. At this time it was 2.5 hours since I started work and actually done nothing but go and fix the unit.

Got back and coupled up and went on my way to High Wycombe, no idea where the customer was but it made things interesting. Arrived and got through security and on the bay. Keys taken of me and loaded up. Back to the depot and got tipped, asked where do the units and trailers go and got a sarcastic remark so decided to leave it on the bay. Keys & documents in, timesheet signed and home.


Should I charge the agency for being a mechanic.........................................

No comments: