11/12/2009

Great start to the weeks shift, the lorry was VOR'd by me as the wheels wobbled and the steering was loose. Then I couldn't find a trailer that I needed. Managed to get one eventually but it was full of empty cages so had to take it to Mount Royal and get it unloaded. On arrival I noticed that one of the trailer's tyres was doggy, it had a chunk missing which I couldn’t see when it was parked on the bay as the offending bit was hidden from view. Felt a bit unsure about driving it full but not much choice, on return to Langley it was immediately VOR'd, pity as there is a shortage of curtainsiders.

The Lexus update - Nice car but drinks fuel and it is geared wrong, way too much torque in the upper gears. Have to be doing at least 80mph before engaging the 6th gear. If engaged before that speed the engine labours and the car vibrates. According to the trip computer I'm getting around 29.9mpg.

No comments: