14/10/2009

Later Dudes (Warburtons)

Well that's it I can only be pushed so far and today was the last straw. As I set out this morning to do a route that has been so badly changed its unreal I was planing to finish as quickly as possible and start my 2 days off. Got to one customer just a few minutes later than the stated arrival time, shop locked up can't get in front or back. No answer to the bell, waited for 10 minutes and then called the depot informing the duty Team Leader of what has happened.

As I was leaving to go to another area I told him that it won't be possible for me to return here as I'll be miles away and this customer has a habit of doing this. Later on I get a call from the Senior Team Leader and I proceed to explain what happened. He tells me that I have to go back and deliver but that means all others will be late. He then tells me that I have to go back at the end of the shift and I told him if I have the time I'll do it. As we don't get any overtime anything after 12:30 is my time.

I carry on with the route and get back to the depot at around 12:15, unload and the offending delivery note is taken upstairs. Then I'm told to go and see the Depot Manager. He then proceeds to read me the riot act and tells me that my contract states that I have to be 'Flexible' and tells me to go and redeliver or he'll do an investigation. As other things have been brewing within me and after making the required notifications of the issues and nothing being done about them I decided there and then on the action plan.

'You've got my official weeks notice as of Now' I told him. He didn't even bat an eye lit, all he said can you put it in writing. Went home and typed up a letter, asked for Pay in Lieu but don't know if they will honour it. So if nothing is heard after my 2 days off I'll be back to work to work my notice. He might be a Class1 prat but I'll do thing properly.

I know in this economic climate it wasn't the smartest thing to do but when you work for a manager that doesn't care about his drivers then he deserves what's coming to him. Have to point out that my Team Leader is very good and I'll be sorry to leave that team.

For a Company that claims to be a Family Company all this Depot Manager is interested is the bread and he couldn't give a monkeys about the drivers.

No comments: