19/08/2009

Been offered an assessment at a Major supermarket tomorrow, but there is a big but involved. It would all kick off @4am and involve a number of reverses and a delivery to a store(s). All would be completed by mid day. My questions are these;

  • Would you want to be paid for this or just bite the bullet and do it and with luck all will be OK. As the tacho card is in use technically I'm working and therefore should be compensated for my time and effort.
  • Is this supermarket using the assessed drivers to get a 'Free' one days delivery out of them and not bother to pay them because they are who they are.

    What would you do in this case, I'm more in favour of telling the agency 'no thanks, they want me to do a delivery, they pay me'. I've informed the agency that unless I get some sort of compensation, even fuel money and a sandwich I'm not willing to do this.

No comments: