01/09/2011

Rant & Rave about Sky

A few months ago we decided to upgrade to Sky+, the installers came and did their stuff but had a few things to do to get this how they say it. Unknown to me (they decided without even bothering to ask me) to cut one of the cables coming from my Digital Ariel. This cable feed the upstairs TV which at that time we didn't have working as the old set decided to stop working, so I didn't pay any attention to seeing if the set was receiving any transmission. Few days ago we decided to purchase a small TV for the bedroom, so unpacked and pluged it. Then the auto tune statred, No Signal was flashing on the TV screen, what the hell is going on. I had a look in the atic to see if all the cables were OK and then called the chap who installed our Arelial.

He came round today to have a look and did the same thing, had a look in the atic first of all to see if the cables were OK, all was fine. He then began to look outside and guess what he found. The Sky installers had cut the cable, neatly tucked in to the hole to make sure I didn't notice anything wrong, then carried on as nothing had happened. I called Sky and tried to complain but the initial contact was somewhere in India and the guys English was so bad that i couldn't understand him and he was repeating everuthing that i said. When I eventually got through to a UK based service they (SKY) were NOT interested. Oh no it couldn't have been anyone from SKY and we are NOT going to help you out in any way. Write to us and we'll put this on a pile and eventually you'll forget about this.

So now I'm going to take Legal action as what they did was Malicious and Wilful Damage to my property, I did try to come to some arrangement with the 'Manager' but as usual he was reading from a script and just wasn't prepared to do anything.

SO BE CAREFUL IF SKY COMES TO YOUR HOUSE AND CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE THEY LEAVE, BLOODY COWBOYS.

No comments: