20/02/2011

Had a night trunk for K+N on Thursday, initially I was booked to do some shunting (or so I thought) but they call that the delivery of full trailers to other depots around the country. Had two trips to Colchester in some very old waggons, no idea why the chap I was following (as I didn't know the way and no maps were supplied) went through North Circular and Mill Hill. That was coming from Greenford, I would have gone up the A40 and then M25 and A12. Came back that way and it was a whole lot quicker than banging around the roadwork congested up A roads. Absolutely knackered as the lorries did need 100% concentration to keep them straight.

Saturday consisted of spending more time waiting to be assigned a bay in Swissport and I managed' to do 2 runs in a 10 hour shift. Amazing how long it takes those boys to do any work and how does it ever get done. A whole shift and I managed to drive all of 32km.

No comments: