25/01/2011

Really gets me when some firms try to fiddle the time you are working. Got back in the yard at about 02:20 this morning, parked up and went is to ask where they want the unit & trailer as the place was a bit bust. Got told that I need to do another run to their hub and whilst unloading I should put my tacho on break. Not in a million years, not fiddling my records for anyone, told them politely that as we are discussing what happens next it does not entitle them to ask me to put my tacho on break. Sat in the canteen for about an hour trying to figure out if another run would be possible ans if and where I would run out of time. As the second run would involve a 2.5 hour drive through the M25 & M1 roadworks, then a 45min break. That would take me up to about 7am, then the trip back would probably be just a bit longer due to the morning rush hour. I wasn't particularly looking forward to running out of hours as by my calculations that was a very likely scenario. Then I was told that no second run is needed and to download my card and go home.

No comments: