26/11/2010

Hurry up and wait, that is exactly what my day was like. Turned up at the first delivery at 7am, they open up at 8am. Heater on and test out the bunk. Onward to the next one and no problems, got to a well known shampoo and more company at 9am and was duly informed. You're booked in for 2pm but I could unload you at around 11am. Just park up in the corner and come and see me at 11am. I had 2 hours to kill, no newsagents to be seen so the bunk got retested yet again. Managed to get tipped at 11:30 and then off to the last one. As I was about 200yds from a set of lights at which I need to turn I saw another artic turning, didn't think much of it till I got to the delivery and guess what. That damn artic was ahead of me, all the way from Poland and full to the rafters. It took almost an hour for it to be unloaded in the meantime I managed to finish off my lunch and the rest of my tea. Got back to the yard close to 2pm, unhooked and coupled up to my Monday's drop. Then it was time for a weekend break.

No comments: