26/10/2010

Today promised to be a usual day but how wrong could I have been. Got to a drop in Crawley and as there was another artic in the yard I parked up and went to see what was happening. Got chatting to the other driver and when he found out that I only had one pallet to deliver he kindly offered to let me jump the queue. Got into the rig and whilst waiting for a few cars to go by I spied another artic coming up the road where I needed to turn into to get a straight reverse. This boy is not hanging around, he comes up to the junction right opposite me swings out a bit to get an angle to turn and almost runs over a biker who was coming down the main drag. As he stamped on his anchors and the biker swerved to avoid being flattened all I could do was to scream a few choice words. As I was parked up across the junction the impact if it happened would have thrown the biker right under my lorry. The Eastern European chappie crossed himself a few times looked at me with despair and then drove into the morning.

No comments: