29/10/2010

I must have had the world's slowest forklift driver today. After getting round my route in a decent time I was looking forward to a sort of early finish. Got to my last drop at about 12:45 and was told to park up and undo the curtains as someone will be with me shortly to unload. He did turn up, half an hour later and then proceeded to unload in reverse gear, one pallet from my side then one from the other side. This 'efficient' unloading proceeded for about an hour by which time he managed to unload 9 of the 16 pallets. Amazingly the forklift driver then vanished and that was it. I got so pissed off and went to complain to a manager. Amazingly a woman forkie appeared and unloaded the rest in about half an hour. Still not the fastest but better than her counterpart. This has got to be some sort of a record, 16 pallets in almost 2 hours, you could almost do that by hand.

No comments: