18/08/2010

Don't know if I did the right thing but I sure hope so, today I pulled into Reading Services for my half an hour. Parked up and went to get a newspaper, noticed a Polish plated DHL unit towing a trailer parked up on the least bay. On my way back I saw the driver open his door and pour a little bit out of a beer can, it sure looked like a beer. Then he proceeds to drink the rest, he must have been there for a decent amount of time(I assume). I walked back to my cab disgusted as a Drink & Driving is a big no no with me especially when you happen to be sitting behind a wheel of an Artic. Reading my paper I saw the Polish lorry pull away and drive of about 10 minutes later. My thought was this, how many did he have, was it only one or more beers as I don't think a Polish man would add anything non-alcoholic into a beer can. How stable is he driving an artic so soon after consuming alcohol. If he has an accident he could kill someone. I decided on the only course of action that I thought appropriate, called the police, gave them his registration number & the number of the trailer along with the description.

So Ladies & Gents, did I do the right thing

No comments: