06/08/2010

Boxes, Boxes and some more Boxes

Another week done and dusted, lost count of how many pallets of flat packed boxes I delivered this week. I'm amazed that some of the places that I had to squeeze the lorry into were deliverable and after negotiating my exit I wondered how on earth I managed to get in and out without any scratches. Getting to know some of the side roads very well and I hasten to add don't intend to use them that often, once is enough. I'll stick to the main roads and keep a closer eye on the map instead of the satnav. Number of times it tried to send me into places that a squirrel would have trouble getting out of its unreal, you've got to know when to ignore that 'turn here' instruction. Today I found another bridge that is not on the map and on satnav, just a tinsy 12ft 3in high bridge, wonder what the 13ft 9in waggon would have done to it or vice versa. Oh and a small rant, when placing diversions please give some other warning , fancy closing down the A321 between Molly Millars lane and Gowrings Garage roundabout to all LGV's, that dastardly diversion via Abborfield is a bit much.

No comments: