27/08/2010

Alright so it's a Bank Holiday weekend and I expected a sort of relaxed work day. well it kind of was, had to go to the dealer (Guildford) to collect my lorry as it was being serviced, then my first drop just  happened to be in Woodley and then on to Theale which was a experience in itself. When you see a sign telling you that the bridge is a 3T MGW it usually reflects to the bridge which the sign is posted by and not another bridge half a mile from it. The correct information is on the sign but it is written in such small lettering that unless you're a few feet away you can't see it. So when confronted by this sign i turned around at the roundabout and drove around trying to find a way in and then gave up. Called the yard and one of the other drivers who happen to have delivered to this place told me that it is OK to go over the bridge. On to Hungerford and Blackbushe and then back to the yard. Kind of expecting to have another short run but no, 'see you Tuesday'.

All I can say is that I'm glad that I didn't have to go through Reading today, had to do a delivery to Caversham on Wednesday and what a mess. The festival is on this weekend so all the party goes were arriving and debusing in the pouring rain, all that mud and no music till the weekend.

No comments: