27/07/2010

What a day, all started well, today I'm in a Rigid. Oh well can't have it all every day. Down to Eastbourne for the first drop, then to Newhaven for next 3, this is where things went a bit astray. It's not here drive, its the other building. Went there and the same story was repeated, so went back to the first delivery point and got them to call the other place and confirm where it all needs to be delivered and would you believe it, it had to be where I went originally. Then about half an hour behind I'm off to No4, delivered and just about to set off to No 5 when I realised that the bridge is slightly lower than my lorry, about 1.5ft to be precise, maps say it's supposed to be 14ft but the sign says 13ft 3in. No chance of getting a 14ft lorry under that, looks like its recently been re done as all the brickwork and paint is still pretty fresh. A 20 mile detour and a traffic jam later I arrived. Done all the drops and happily I'm off back to the yard, long day today, had plans to be done and dusted by 3pm but arrived in the yard at 5pm. Oh well of home for a well earned pint.

No comments: