06/07/2010

Tescos Drivers

Oh how wonderful driver is this person. Coming back from Barking this afternoon and for a change the M25 wasn't a standstill I had thoughts of a early finish. As I came up to J25 the traffic was getting a bit heavy and as I got half way level with the on ramp a Tesco artic came thundering down the ramp. Can't go anywhere as the middle lane if full of cars and ahead of me is another lorry so I have no option but to keep my line and speed (in the mirror I can see loads of cars behind me) but I'm preparing to take avoiding action. The tesco lorry draws level with me, the driver looks at me with a look that a goldfish would be proud of and claps on his indicator continuing to slightly edge me out on speed. I can't do anything and am hoping he is going to slow down, he's not. As we almost come to the end of the ramp still side by side I have no choice but to slow down and hear the horns of cars behind and at my side as car drivers show their appreciation of my actions. Tescos driver continues blissfully on. Somewhere in the Highway code it says that cars joining the motorway need to give way to traffic already on it. If I hadn't slowed down he surely would have ploughed into me and caused a major smash. Next time I'll take a spare pair of undies with me. Managed to get his reg number, so much for their stringent assessment.

No comments: