06/06/2010

Yesterday was a definite day not to be driving around without any aircon, had to go to Nine Elms MC and then to Hanger Lane. Going through the South Circular was interesting, being Saturday and a warm day the usual suspects were out. Trying to jockey for position just to be one car ahead, I'm glad that i don't do that route on a daily basis. The fun began when I got to Nine Elms, on Bay 8 drive, got one deck load. Loaded up and ready to go, just about to shut the back door when the manager comes up, 'you for PRDC', yes mate, OK offload it all, you've got the wrong stuff. He (points to a RM bod) told me all this was mine, 'well he got it wrong'. Oh joy, offloading all that stuff when it is almost boiling point in the back of the trailer was not something I’d recommend.

Reloaded and ready, had to sit in the cab with the AC full on to get to a simmer state, shall we say less than shower fresh. Back to PRDC and offload, then back to Langley to reload and guess what back to PRDC. On the way back I'm happily cruising in the inside lane when a BMW about 300 yds in front of me decides to pull straight out into the inside lane, no indicator and slows to a crawl. Hell fire, quick glance in the mirror and out into the middle lane, the prat in the BMW follows me into the middle lane, back into the inside lane. guess what the BMW does the same and almost stops, then it decides to pull into the hard shoulder. All this in a space of 400-450 yds. The lorry behind me must have thought I was some lunatic waving between the lanes. Close shave but it shows how some people must have got their licenses from a Cornflakes packet.

No comments: