24/06/2010

Went for a ‘drive’ for a well-known supermarket in Bracknell few days ago. Had about an hour drive and was told that it was very good. Not like others who speed around but good and steady with lots of care and attention. Then came the reversing bit, put the trailer onto that bay, bloody hell it looks tight after the shunter slapped another trailer into adjustment bay(otherwise it would have been OK). About a half a dozen shunts and I was in, when I looked at the space on both sides when the trailer was nice and straight I felt like asking for a crow bar to get the trailer out again. I was informed that it is expected to get the trailer in in a lot less shunts than I attempted, felt like saying 'go on show me how it's done' but kept quiet. Not sure what they want there, how do you squeeze a huge box into a small gap without shunts and without being a bit nervous when someone is watching you constantly. Never mind, not so sure I want another attempt at this. Also broke my cardinal rule of doing it without pay, never again.

No comments: