16/05/2010

Ok, it was bound to happen sooner or later and it happened yesterday. Had to couple up to a Double Decker so the usual things, backed on had a look and oh sugar, that looks a bit close to the widow of the unit. Got out and checked and I missed the king pin. The trailer was a tad too high and I buggerd up. Had to raise the trailer to get out and then heard a horrible hissing noise. The emergency pipe was leaking air so another unit was required. Once all the hassle was sorted I set off to Nine Elms, no clear map so punched into the sat nav and looked on the route to make sure that I had all the route planned. Went through Earls Court and boy was it interesting, not something I'd like to do on a regular basis. Once in Nine Elms I wish someone would place a few more signs as to where to back on for collection. Back to PRDC, this time via the South Circular, lots of easier roads and much more doable for an Artic. Interesting duty to be honest, next time if I get this I’ll make sure that I don't go through almost Central London.

No comments: