12/05/2010

The day that almost never was, no one knew if I'd be driving for this client today, that was till the last minute yesterday. A trip to Havant to a pharmaceutical company with 51 pallets of flat packed boxes. As I was ambling down the A3 I realised that I’ve been there before but with a different client. Nice, on the bay and off to the canteen for a breakfast that has got to be the cheapest around. The receiving chaps told me that I’d be there for a few hours so I thought a leisurely breakfast and a few hours of R&R would be just the ticket. 'You're off loaded drive' tells me one of the boys as he sits down to have his breakfast, bloody hell that was quick. It took them less than half an hour to get all the pallets of the trailer, no rush though, had my eggs and bacon and went to get the wagon. Got back to the yard at around 10am and guess what, a White Van man for the next run, few local drops and home by 2pm. Weird driving a van after an Artic.

No comments: