20/05/2010

Been hanging around Heathrow for the past 2 days, yesterday in a rigid and to be honest it was all I needed. No huge collections from the sheds but small and smaller. The collections averaged 2 boxes and the longest thing was the waiting in the parking bays before loading up. Today for a change I had my usual wagon, the artic finally received its trailer and after a few teething bits I went forth to do my pickups. This was a bit weird as the largest pick up was 6 boxes. It seems such a waste to use this, as it surely must burn up more fuel than anything else and the cost effectiveness can't be that much. To be quite frank I don't see why we need to use Artics in the horseshoe, a full rigid would be much more effective, that place is so tight in most places it's nearly impossible to back onto a bay without shunting. The queues even to get to the place are getting worse, not to mention the state of the roads.

No comments: