03/04/2010

OK, how do you drive two wagons and do no more than 1 mile in the first 2 hours. Simples, do the job that I had today. Turned up at 07:30 and was duly assigned a duty to do, seemed simple enough. Go to Mount Royal DC and collect mail and then from Langley to J18 on the M1 to another DC to drop of some more mail. That was the plan but as plans go it kind of went a bit astray when I backed on to the bay and went inside to see how much I had to load. 'The next run to PRDC is at 11:30' nothing till then (and we are about 08:00), fair play, pulled up on to a parking bay and had 40 winks.

Then I decided to tell the Transport office as I was getting bored so they asked me to do a quick run to Cathay Pacific, the trailer is on the bay, when I checked there was also a unit coupled up to it. Hand in my unit and get the drivers pack for the other one and away I go, but before that just complete the coupling up as the driver who hitched up the unit just coupled up the Emergency line.

Going happily along the perimeter road when I was passed (in a serious hurry) by 2 wagons from another Haulage Company. There must have been a fire somewhere as they were doing some serious knots along the road. Had serious doubts about my waiting time at Cathay Pacific but would you believe it I was being tipped within 15 minutes. Wonders will never cease, reload with empty cages and back to Langley. Since I was back a bit early got sent to the canteen and then home. Not a bad day considering.

No comments: