30/03/2010

Night shift last night, up to Birmingham and back to Slough with a trailer load of parcels, computers, etc. Can't believe it took me an hour in a queue just to get tipped, for a Monday it was a mess up there. There were wagons flying everywhere with shunters taking up so much room and plonking their wagons in the most awkward places so that it was almost impossible to get on to a bay. Took me 2 hours longer than it did last time I did this route, bloody knackered even after 6 hours of sleep.

Must admit that being n the M40 at night is something to behold, last night as usual a CityLink wagon went past like a bat out of hell, must have been late for something. One thing puzzled me, got overtaken by the same Dutch wagon 3 times and didn't see him pull in or leave the motorway at any places, a Phantom lorry delivering flowers. Just what I needed on the way back, a sigh stating 'M40 Closed between J4 & J3', just as I had decided to try and make up some time (if possible). Luckily they were just removing the cones when I got to J4 and happily I sailed on to J2 when a side a road to Slough had to be taken.

No comments: