08/02/2010

My Gripe

Why is it that when you get to a client and do a vehicle check and find all sorts of problems with the unit or trailer they still insist that you drive it. Today i started a Merc Actros and the dash lit up with all sorts of problems, it looked like a Christmas tree , red and amber lights everywhere. Main worry was the Axle, ABS & EBS warning lights. The axle required servicing, the brakes were in severe difficulties and another warning came up that they would be inoperable. Informed the client and told him that I will NOT be taking this trailer out. 'Can't unload it you'll have to tell them at the other end about this problem'. No mate you don't seem to understand, I won't be taking this anywhere. Handed in the keys and called the agency to let them know that I'll be going home. Really gets me this, just because I'm an agency drive it doesn't mean that I’ll just get in and drive a doggy lorry.

No comments: