05/12/2009

The usual place this week, Langley each morning and then with luck home by 22:30.

This duty seems to have been bought in for Christmas and not scoped out correctly. Each day I take an Artic & trailer which is empty to Mount Royal and then I am tasked to do specific 2 runs to United Airlines. One run in the morning and the other late in the afternoon. Most days there seems to be little to take down in the morning so I’ve been tasked a number of times to put the lorry on a bay and await further instructions.

Few times they didn't arrive till about 16:30 in the afternoon so a whole day was spent either sitting in the cab or in the canteen. Not that I mind this but it can be a bit boring just waiting there.

The handling agents moan when I arrive late which has happened a number of times as the mail wasn't ready and loaded in time, what can i do in this case apart from saying sorry.

Few times this week I managed to do some seriously long hours and when the days off come along all I can say is that they arrive just in time.

No comments: