20/11/2009

Now this is something that I'm never going to do, ever again. Was asked to do a job for this company and only 7 drops starting in Banbury, Oxford, Huntington, etc. Got in this morning and the first thing I had to do was to fill up the lorry on my way to the first drop. Getting to Banbury and the first 2 drops, no problem. However Oxford was another kettle of fish.

Having an 18T lorry in a town so full of bikes and tiny streets along with masses of 7.5T restrictions is no fun. Apparently the other delivery driver is happy to break restrictions but I'm not. Specially when there are hundreds of cameras pointing at all the restrictions and are just waiting to snap you up.

The lorry (DAF) was a bit old as well with a splitter gearbox, which made driving in a busy town extremely interesting.

Called the agency and explained my predicament and was told that 'the client will absorb this'. I doubt it as breaking restrictions is something that will come back to the driver and after all its my license and lively hood and I don’t plan to have anything go wrong with that.

Never again will I do a job like this

No comments: