19/11/2009

Crawley at 4pm, this is what nightmares are made of, or so I thought. Surprisingly enough it didn't take that long to get there as I left Bracknell @15:00. Had two deliveries to Pizza shops of all the things. Somewhere before this I swore that I'd never do hand ball again and guess what. Here I am doing it again, be fair I didn't know about this till I arrived at the clients site, if I did i wouldn't have done it. All deliveries are to be paid before delivery, now this is fun, informing the shops that I need a cheque or cash for the full amount before I can deliver their goods.

Two of the places were OK but one was a bit adamant to part with his money, but soon saw the error of his ways. Dropped the two in Crawley and had serious visions of sitting on the M23 & M25 for hours as it was getting a bit late. Low and behold hardly any traffic, got to Slough in record time.

Delivering in the high street I realised that I should claim danger money, it seems that Algeria beat Egypt last night in a football match and the Algerians were all going hell for leather celebrating this. Fireworks going off everywhere, car horns tooting and of course the usual singing that has to be done on such occasion. Well that made an eventful end to a Wednesday evening.

No comments: