01/10/2009

Driving today through Wilton, Wilts I had to do a slight about turn as I went the wrong way. Bear in mind that I'm in a 7.5T wagon so I decide to pull in to a side road and then when there's room reverse into the road and wait for traffic to clear before turning right. I suppose I could have waited till the cows came home so I took the decision to wait till it was clear on the right side and then pull out a bit to see if some kind soul would let me go. One lady took pity on me and slowed down so that I could go, as I'm 3/4 of the way over a 'wide boy' comes flying up the road (A36), so I accelerate and straighten out. He then proceeds to give me the finger and looks less than happy as I must have slowed him down by about 1 mile from his warp speed. Didn't cause any traffic jams and didn't impede anyone except this one plonker, so what was his problem. I suppose he was a micros of a second slower in getting wherever he was going.

Have to admit that some of the so called roads around Tisbury are what you might call a cutting in the wood. The biggest annoyance of the whole trip was having to turn around and go back 7 miles when I was just half a mile from destination. The cause, a 9ft 9in bridge, the wagon 11ft 3in.

No comments: